Humidity levels in the home are always fluctuating, and sometimes that can mean plunging to uncomfortably low levels and causing you all kinds of health problems. Here are a few of the most common ill effects of low humidity levels in your home:
- Respiratory ailments.
- Skin irritation.
- Static electricity.
- Furniture and floor damage.
Whole House Humidifier Features
At Neighborhood, we have seen a huge spike in the popularity of whole house humidifiers in recent years. These high-tech systems regulate the indoor moisture levels of your home and, unlike the small, portable humidifiers most of us are familiar with, whole house models can be installed directly into your existing HVAC system.
Once installed, whole house humidifiers distribute humidity and moisture in the form of water vapor throughout the living areas of your home. Then, you can use a thermostat to easily monitor and adjust not only your indoor temperature, but the humidity levels as well.
Whole House Humidifier Benefits
- Health: Viruses, like the flu, thrive in low-humidity environments. That means that without enough moisture and humidity in your home, you are risking exposure to viruses like the flu, colds, and other respiratory ailments. Low-humidity environments can also make you or a family member more susceptible to infections that their immune systems might otherwise have had no trouble fighting off. Injecting some humidity into your home’s air can go a long way in protecting you and your family from illness.
- Lower energy bills: You can set the regulator on your whole house humidifier to automatically adjust for ideal moisture levels. This allows you to maximize comfort at lower temperatures and save money on utility bills.
- Comfort: Low humidity levels can cause uncomfortably dry nasal passages, sore throats, and cracked, itchy skin. And you should not be uncomfortable in your own home!
- Ease seasonal allergy symptoms: Whole house humidifiers can help keep you healthy, particularly if you are suffering from allergies or asthma. Moisture eases nagging symptoms brought on from dry air.
- Home preservation: Dry, moisture-free air can cause severe damage to many household items, such as wood floors, plaster, paint, furniture, artwork, electronics and musical instruments. Supplying your house with a good amount of humidity can protect your home and its contents from the adverse effects of dry air.
With all the abundant advantages of owning a whole house humidifier, it seems only natural that every home should have one installed. Humidifiers provide an affordable way to promote comfort and good health.
Contact Neighborhood today and make your home a healthier and more comfortable place through the restorative effects of whole house humidification!