The air handler is the component of your AC unit that is responsible for air circulation. This is a vital part of your air conditioner’s performance, so if it’s faulty, it can force your system to work twice as hard for less output. At Neighborhood Heating and Air Conditioning, our AC experts are trained and certified to diagnose and repair all air conditioning problems, including air handler related issues.
Common Air Handler Problems
- Damaged Coils: Air conditioning coils are the pieces that actually cool the air. So if your AC system’s coils are dirty or damaged, the air handler will not be able to efficiently circulate cool air as it should.
- Faulty Blower: Blowers are responsible for distributing that cooled air through the ductwork in your home or business. If the blower’s wiring is in any way damaged, this will also prevent the air handler from operating appropriately.
- Poor Electrical Connections: Poor electrical connections will naturally cause many problems and must be properly maintained, ideally by a trained professional. Faulty electrical connections may put a continuous strain on your air handler, causing damage due to overuse.
- Clogged Air Filters: Dirty air filters cause endless air conditioning problems, making it 100% worth it to check in and take care of this at least once every two months. Also, check to make your filters are properly sized and installed. During your annual AC maintenance, a technician will check the air filters to make sure they are clean.
Benefits of Air Handler Repair and Replacement
- Lower energy bills.
- Decreased chance of need for future repairs.
- Extended equipment life.
- Peace of mind.
At Neighborhood, we provide up-front pricing along with service guarantees and seasonal rebates. Our expert technicians are committed to meeting your needs in a prompt and professional manner.
If your AC is malfunctioning at all, don’t hesitate—call the experts at Neighborhood so we can determine if your problems are air handler related. We make it our business to keep you cool!