When it comes to AC maintenance, it pays not to procrastinate. Having your air conditioner professionally serviced now will prevent small issues from becoming major ones later on. At Neighborhood Heating and Air Conditioning, we recommend annual maintenance check-ups to keep your air conditioner working when you need it most.
When the mercury begins to rise, you’ll want to be running your air conditioning system day and night. The only way to ensure it is operating at design performance is with ongoing, professional maintenance. And there is no one better at making sure your air conditioner is a finely tuned cooling machine than the tune-up team at Neighborhood!
Our Comprehensive AC Maintenance Checklist:
- Electrical disconnect and AC unit wiring thoroughly inspected and tested.
- If applicable, humidifier operation is tested.
- Internal pressures and temperatures are recorded.
- Evaporator coil is checked for proper operation and cleanliness.
- Air filters are cleaned or replaced as needed.
- Condenser coils are inspected and power washed if dirty.
- Provide an inspection report detailing irregular conditions and necessary repairs or service.
- Fans thoroughly inspected to ensure proper air distribution.
- Freon checked for correct charge and to ensure no leaks.
- Ductwork tested for leaks.
- Thermostats checked and recalibrated as necessary.
- Bearings and motors lubricated as needed.
- Safeties and controls checked and tested as required.
- Condensate drain checked for obstruction and cleared if necessary.
- Contactors and relays inspected for faults.
AC Maintenance Benefits
- Extended equipment life: Preventative maintenance will prolong the life of your air conditioning system by catching – and repairing – minor malfunctions before they have a chance to contribute to a major breakdown.
- Improved indoor air quality: Dirty components and clogged air filters can quickly make the air inside your home turn toxic. Cleaning the internal parts of your AC will do wonders for your indoor air quality.
- Reduced energy costs: An air conditioner with properly functioning components will operate at top efficiency. This means that repairing faulty components will help you save on energy bills in the long run.
- Reduced repair costs: It will cost you less to replace one single component than it would to replace an entire unit. One of the main benefits of proper AC maintenance is being able to locate problems and repair them before they become larger issues that would require replacement.
- Reliable in-home comfort: Having your air conditioning system break down in the middle of a heat wave is something you definitely want to avoid. The best way to keep your AC running smoothly is by conducting routine preventative maintenance.
Preventative AC maintenance is one of the smartest things you can do as a homeowner. Call Neighborhood and get the most thorough and knowledgeable AC maintenance team on the job today!